Crip Walk Dance

So Serena Williams won the Gold Metal in Women's tennis at the Olympics in London. When she won, she did a celebratory dance. I found it hilarious, and really nice to see someone so excited about winning. I think things like winning a Gold Metal for your country make all the sacrifices these athletes make worth it.

So now everyone is freaking out because this dance apparently originated from the gang the Crips. Seriously? Do you think Serena Williams was saying she's a Crip or that she was promoting violence by doing this? I don't. I think its a fun little dance and she did it. The way her sister cracked up when she did it makes me think there might be a little inside joke to it.

So if we're not doing things associated with bad people, why are we still doing the olympic flame ceremony? I didn't know until this year that this tradition started as Nazi Propaganda. So why aren't people freaking out about that?

Basically, I think people need to lighten up. For the love, it's the olympics, don't ruin it for the athletes or the spectators.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pleasz Roy Daniels, Roy Daniels Grand Rapids, Michigan a.k.a. Mark Roy Daniels