So, mom is home. That's the good news. Now the long recovery is starting. She will be off work probably for about six weeks. This is going to be the real test. We will drive each other nuts.

There was something I wanted to rant about but I don't remember what anymore.

I did want to say Congrats to my friend Heather Lang. She is engaged. This is depressing for me only because its yet another person getting married or having a baby (since I know about 23 people who are having babies right now). I know I'm going to be the last person I know to get married... I'm on track fot that at least. I do know about... well its less than 10 of my friends who aren't yet married, and its only a matter of time until I am the last one.

Speaking of unmarried friends, I saw someone I hadn't seen in a long time this weekend. Rob Lawrence formerly from the Youth Center. He is back in town working at a church after about oh.. a year and a half in Missouri. We were chatting, and cracking each other up, as usual... and we got into talking about basketball. I was rather beside myself when he told me that he was impressed that I know as much about basketball as I do. Well.. that was just the tip of the iceberg, but he has no clue. Haha.

I am going to try to get a job teaching voice lessons. There is a place in Hastings that does lessons of all sorts, and a new contact I've made through my community choir said they are always looking for voice teachers. So- I'm gonna try to call them tomorrow and see what develops. I'm constantly applying to jobs but I haven't gotten a call in weeks. I am very discouraged and could use some serious (as opposed to not serious) prayer.

Comments

I myself am rather fond of not serious prayer. J/K, you know I always have you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so glad your mom is back at home, that is encouraging. That would be awesome if you could teach lessons. I would love to find something like that where it would pay enough to be my full time job!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Pleasz Roy Daniels, Roy Daniels Grand Rapids, Michigan a.k.a. Mark Roy Daniels