I'm sure that many of you have heard about this ridiculous media frenzy about John and Kate from "John and Kate Plus 8."

I hear more about it, since I leave my TV on for my dog. You see, I get home and all those stupid (sorry, I'm not a fan of them) entertainment shows are on. So, there's much speculation about "what happened" and why it happened. I have a simple opinion.

If he did cheat- which that eventually is between the two of them and their marriage, even though they did thrust themselves into the spotlight- IF he did, I think I can see why he did. His wife, from just the clips that I have seen, constantly emasculates him. Telling him he breathes too loud, telling him he needs to do this or do that. I'm sorry if this sounds prehistoric or not 21st century enough, but men do still need to be treated like men. Husbands should know that they are valued, loved (the way they are- loud breathing and all) and treated like the man they are.

Kate treats him a little bit like a dog or a child. Actually I wouldn't talk to my dog the way she talks to him. The blame is not all hers though. They both need to talk about this, about how they want or NEED to be treated. Counseling may be a good idea if this marriage is salvagable. I don't know. I know I wouldn't want to be treated that way by someone who said they loved me. I know I wouldn't be happy, and people have to do what they have to do for their own personal happiness. Hopefully for the kids they can work it out, but no one but them really knows.

I know, I'm not married.. blah blah blah- I don't need to hear that. I know! However, I have learned some things about men. Not only just in my dealings with men, but also in reading "Captivating" written by John and Stasi Eldridge. In this book, it talks about what women long for (to be pursued and held as "captivating," among other things), and how men were created to be pursuers, and hunters and need to know they are needed as well as wanted. This can be hard for us independent women to convey and truly show.

I also do not feel sorry for this couple because the media is in their business. Sorry- you invited the media into your business when you decided to exploit your children to have a reality show, become fake celebrities, and get free things just so you have shows people will watch.

Comments

I completely agree. She berates and belittles him ALL the time. She treats him like one of the kids instead of her "help-mate". I also think that they are both to blame. Her for the way she treats him & pushing him away, and him for making the decisions to cheat (if he did in fact cheat). All I can say is that I watched the 5th season premiere and I was in tears when one of the little girls looked him in the eyes and said to Jon "Daddy I don't want you to be gone anymore"!!! It is such a sad situation for those kids. And if they are Christians (like they say they are) they will fight for their marriage and get some counseling. I agree with what many have said...they need to cancel that show and let that family get their lives back on track!!!

p.s.btw...did you ever go on your vaca to cancun?!?!

Popular posts from this blog

Pleasz Roy Daniels, Roy Daniels Grand Rapids, Michigan a.k.a. Mark Roy Daniels