Well, if anyone still ever reads this, sorry for the lack of posts. I don't have a life. Nothing exciting is happening. I've been working a lot of overtime. Since the hurricanes (specifically Ike), we've been swamped at work. I don't normally get overtime, so I'm getting as much of it as I can while I can.

So I just saw something on the today show saying something like "six kids hasn't stopped Angelina Jolie from her humanitarian efforts." They also referred to her as "super mom." I have to disagree. I'm sure I've read that she has nannies. How could she not when she still works in movies and what not? I'm sorry, but a millionare who can afford nannies to take care of her kids while she jets around the world does not consitite a super mom to me. Someone who is a single mother taking care of their kid(s) on their own is a super mom. A stay at home mom who stays sane is a super mom. A mom who balances work, kids, and husband is a super mom. People that can't afford to have multiple nannies and take care of their kids themselves are super parents. Sorry... Just had to say that.

If anyone still reads, keep me in your prayers. I've been feeling pretty alone lately. I don't really have any friends where I live and I've been feeling really down. I miss Andrea. She always understood that feeling.

Comments

I completely agree with you. While she may do amazing things for people and other children around the world, how good is she being to her children at home? Always dragging them somewhere, no stable place to call home, being away from them all the time? No wonder she wants more! She just gets to do the fun stuff and then hand them over to someone else when she has "more important" things to do!!!(sorry, had to rant too!) I do not even consider myself a super mom. I have a huge support network with Bart's family and him. So if it ever gets to be too much, I know I can count on them to take care of the kids while I relax and take some 'me' time. You are right though, single moms are super moms! They have to work, take care of the kids, clean the house, pay the bills,...etc! by themselves!!!And they don't get a break. Most of the time they can only count on themselves. THEY are the super moms!........

(okay,getting off my soap box now!)


I will be praying for you. I know what it feels like to feel like you are alone and have no friends around. Just don't forget....you have the best friend that anyone could EVER have, and He is with you all the time!!!
Ugh, for real. I wish I had such a tough life of making a bazillion dollars and being able to do whatever the heck I want whenever I want! People are sooo whiny!

And for real - how many times do I have to tell you to move down here? LOL. Oh, BTW, apparently my parents who said they would never move again...have decided to move again. They put their house up for sale and are thinking of moving to Westfield (it's by Carmel, Noblesville, those areas just north of Indy). Do you remember Kiley Tillett from IWU, she was the redheaded Kiley that lived across from me my freshman year...anyway, she was from Westfield. So yeah, they are random. That's where their church is. I kept trying to convince them to move to the Fort too. Why does no one want to live by me??? LOL. Miss you :(

Popular posts from this blog

Pleasz Roy Daniels, Roy Daniels Grand Rapids, Michigan a.k.a. Mark Roy Daniels