This post is going to continue on the same lines of the last one. I just can't help it.

I know what the reason is that a lot of people go on shows like "Meet the Press." I just hope everyone else that sees or hears things like this is. I hope everyone realizes how transparent some of these people are that are biased and pushing their own propaganda. This is probably the point. However, I'm afraid that there are too many uneducated people, or just people that don't understand politics that just don't realize this. These are the people that go and vote blindly, by flipping a coin, voting for someone they know won't win (like Nader in years past), or even people who go and vote for the person they think is more attractive(studies say this does actually happen).

In this day and age, it is simple to do a little research. How about NOT just taking someone else's word for it and looking into it yourself? Are we as a society so lazy that we can't take even an hour or so to do some research on who we want to lead our country for the next four years? How sad.

Another thing that bothers me is on the opposite end of the spectrum. I hate when people try to talk about politics when they have no idea what they are talking about. They use their ignorance to decide who they are going to vote for. Did we forget that ignorance breeds ignorance? Did we forget what's really important to us as individuals and a country?

So, next time you're talking about the election or just politics in general, maybe you should ask yourself, "do I really know what I'm saying, or am I just talking out of my butt?"

I try to get people to think about why they want to vote the way they do. Not just say, "I don't like him/her/that" then when I say why, or try to explain some reasoning, the next thing you say is, "well, I just don't like it." No. If you can't explain to me why your opinion what it is, I have no choice but to believe you either have some motive to hide or you're just plain ignorant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pleasz Roy Daniels, Roy Daniels Grand Rapids, Michigan a.k.a. Mark Roy Daniels