So, today is Ash Wednesday.... I'm giving up sweets again for Lent. My sweets, I mean dessert type foods, and candies, and stuff like that. Not Soda! Last year I was mocked because I drank soda while giving up "sweets." I'm sorry, but I can't do it all at once!

So, I may be FINALLY getting my car fixed next week. I hope I hope I hope. I can't wait to get it fixed, it will make me feel so much better.

I bought and watched "The Notebook" today. I read the book first, as I believe I wrote about, and the movie is just as good as the book, although they did change a few things. I know they always change stuff, and I'm not complaining, because it didn't change the integrity of the story. If you haven't seen it or read the book, I highly recommend doing one or the other, OR BOTH!

Isn't it weird that sometimes you don't see someone for the longest time, and then you dream of them? Or even if you just start thinking of them. I have friends, some whom I haven't seen in years that I just miss so much! Of course they are some of my best friends. It is sad that I don't get to see them anymore.

Then there is the other end of the spectrum. People that you either were friends with or close with at one point... maybe they helped you through a difficult time or two, but now, for one reason or another, you don't get along anymore, or you don't ever really care to hear from them again. It is so strange that people that were once a vital part of my life are people that I would ignore if I saw them today. Maybe not ignore, maybe I would be decent to them, but I wouldn't like it.

Most of those kind of people in my life are people who have done something to me that I feel is some sort of betrayal or they treated me like crap. I guess it is sort of a defense mechanism for me to shut those people out of my life. I have had so many people either betray my trust or treat me badly, that if I sense even a bit of it, even if it is just one time- I get out. I pretty much won't put up with my friends treating me badly, so I retreat. I have enough friends that I don't need ones who betray me or don't treat me like a real friend.

Whew- I'm done with my rant for now. Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pleasz Roy Daniels, Roy Daniels Grand Rapids, Michigan a.k.a. Mark Roy Daniels