I got some amazingly good news this weekend. This is how the story went down:

I got a phone call from a friend, and I missed it the first time (of course the one time I get a call I'm out of the reach of my phone). I called her back just a few minutes later. This happens to be a friend whom I used to work with, but we rarely get to talk or spend time together since our work schedules are pretty much opposite of each other.

Anyway, I called her back and she had this to say:

Her: "So here's the deal: I was supposed to go to Cancun with my friend, and now he doesn't want to go. The tickets are all-inclusive, non-refundable and already paid for. So I was wondering if you wanted to go with me."

Me: "Wow... yeah! Well, how much is it?"

Her: "Oh, I already paid for it. If I don't find someone to go with me I'll have to go alone, and that won't be any fun. Its all inclusive, and its at a resort, so everything that we'll want to do will be right there."

So.. I told her that I would check to be sure I could get the time off and let her know the next day. I called her back Monday saying that I did get the time off. I also mentioned I had some questions, and that I keep thinking that I should be looking around the corner for Ashton Kutcher because I feel like I'm getting punked.

So, if I'm not getting punked... in just over a month I'm going to Cancun! This kind of thing never happens to me.... I'm overwhelmed and will definitely owe her for life!!!

Comments

Deven said…
Excellent! I've thought for a while that you need to go on a vacation.

Popular posts from this blog

Pleasz Roy Daniels, Roy Daniels Grand Rapids, Michigan a.k.a. Mark Roy Daniels