So, if anyone hasn't been watching the Olympics, Michael Phelps is a pretty big deal. I had the pleasure of watching one of the greatest swimming relays of all time last night with him in it. Not the point. I was reading an article today about Mark Spitz being upset that he wasn't "invited" to the Olympics to see Michael Phelps attempt to break his record of 7 Gold metals in one single olympics. In the article, he practically whines about how they voted him one of the 5 greatest olympians of all time and he wasn't invited to the olympics. Am I wrong, or couldn't he buy tickets himself? What is this guy's problem? He's supposedly a stock broker, so he should have the money to do such a thing. It seems to me that he just wants attention and to be able to go on someone else's dime.
Quit Whining Spitz! This article has made me lose any possible respect for you that I ever could have had.
He also says if they would have had the 50m freestyle like they do now in his day, he probably would have won that too. So basically he's whining and saying he's just as good as Phelps. SPITZ- your glory days are over. Get over it. Seriously, Someone was going to beat the record sometime, so please stop being a little girl about the whole thing.

An excerpt:
Spitz, whose brief stint in show business in the 1970s never quite matched his success in the pool, said he attended the Athens Olympics four years ago—when Phelps also tried to break the record.
"They did not once put my face on television," he recalled. "But as soon as the swimming was over, and Michael Phelps didn't break my record, every time I went to beach volley, they put my face on the volleyballs."
Spitz said it would have been a great idea if he could be the one presenting the gold medals to Phelps, who has for years been candid about his ambition to eclipse the mark of seven golds.
And Spitz thinks Phelps will succeed—for one very good reason.
"He's almost identical to me. He's a world-record holder in all these events, so he is dominating the events just like I did," Spitz said. "He reminds me of myself."
Get a clue Spitz. You don't need to be a part of this. This is HIS time to shine, not yours to hone in on whatever possible TV time you can get.

I hope that no other supposedly great olympians never show up in the media turning out to be big wieners that seem to just have done their sport for the media attention.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pleasz Roy Daniels, Roy Daniels Grand Rapids, Michigan a.k.a. Mark Roy Daniels